Tuesday, May 18, 2010

WikiSpaces

I have a few fifth grade girls that really love to read. To encourage them to read even more and to think critically about their books, I started a book club. As a tech-rich classroom, I decided the book club should be technology based, so we made our discussions on a wiki. Wikispaces is a great site to use, because the school district does not block access (like they do with blogger), they have an eduction version that is ad free, all members can edit the pages, it is very easy to use, and students can do it on their own time. Check our our club's wiki. Both my students and I ask questions to the club and then we all post on it.

Guilebookclub Wikispace

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this great idea! What a fun way to get your students engaged in reading!

    ReplyDelete